- 1 cup of palm oil, or any cooking oil, or a mix of the two
- 4 or more plantains (they don't have to be completely ripe)
- 1 or 2 hot chile peppers, cleaned and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- Heat most of the oil in a large skillet.
- Peel plantains.
- Cut plantains into disks of equal thickness.
- Fry the plantains in the hot oil for several minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and place them on absorbent paper.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a deep pot.
- Fry the peppers and onion over high heat for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the fried plantains to the peppers and onion.
- Add a spoonful of water, cover and simmer at a low heat for a few minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve hot, alone or as a side dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.