Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings
Cake base Edit
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¼ pound black or red plums, halved, each half cut in 5 wedges
- Heat an oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Beat first 7 ingredients in a bowl 3 minutes or until pale.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Beat out the sour cream, then flour until blended. Spread into a pan.
- Place plums wedges, skin side down and close together, around top edge of cake, make another circle of plums in the middle.
- Sprinkle with topping, sugar and dot with butter. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done.
- Cool in a pan 10 minutes.
- Remove pan sides. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.