The Poached Pear in Saffron Broth Cinnamon is a delicious and refreshing dessert which can be tried out by avid foodies with a penchant for sweet and zesty flavours. It can be indulged in at exclusive restaurants by hotels such as Berjaya Times Square Hotel or easily made in the warm comfort of your kitchen. Read onto find out how.
2 nos of a pear
0.01g of Saffron (flower or powder)
1 nos of Lemon juice
1 nos Orange juice
30 gm of Cinnamon stick
50 gm of Sugar
151 ml of Balsamic
40 gm of Strawberry
40 gm of Raspberry
40 gm of Blackberry
40 gm of Gooseberry
30 gm of Coconut Flesh
2 scoops of Coconut ice -cream
Method of Preparation
1. Peel the pear and remove the skins.
2. Combine water, sugar, saffron, orange and lemon juice in a pot and bring to boil.
3. Cut the pear into halves and add to the pot along with the Cinnamon sticks and allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Remove the mixture from the pot and allow to cool.
5. Add the berries and the marinated balsamic glaze into a vacuum plastic bag and sous -vide for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the ingredients from the plastic bag and strain.
7. Cook with Olive oil over medium heat and add the remaining juice from the berries.
8. Add a scoop of ice-cream on top of the cooked berries and poached pear and then garnish with Coconut flesh.