Purchased from the Davis Estate in Anna, Texas in 1994. Dated 1954.
- 8 salmon fillets (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 slices lemon
- several sprigs of parsley
- 6 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons lemonade
- Cut the salmon fillets into individual portions with the chef's knife.
- Place in a large skillet the carrot, onion, sliced celery, lemon, parsley, and bay leaves.
- Add the cold water to cover, salt to taste, the wine, and the lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
- Adjust heat to simmer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Then remove it carefully to a serving platter; the salmon will be perfectly done. Serve warm and plain or with any seafood.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.