Cambodian grilled corn
- 6 servings
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, white parts only,thinly sliced
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- Prepare charcoal grill or preheat an ungreased cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Very lightly brush the corn with oil and set on the grill rack or in the skillet.
- Cook, turning every 2 – 3 minutes, until the kernels are tender and nicely charred, 12 – 15 minutes total; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together the sauce, water, sugar and salt until it is dissolved.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Carefully pour liquid mixture in (it may sputter a bit so watch out); add the green onions and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 30 seconds; remove from heat and cool.
- Brush cooked corn with the sauce and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.