Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 – 6 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 6 – 7 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté until translucent.
- Add poblanos, 2 cups stock and cream cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cream cheese melts.
- Cool slightly; puree one-half of mixture in blender or food processor.
- Pour into large stockpot; puree remaining mixture and add to stockpot.
- Stir in rice and remaining 4 to 5 cups stock as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper; cook over medium-high heat until hot.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.