Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes by Surrey Books
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground lean veal
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) reduced-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ - 1 pkg (1¼oz size) chili seasoning mix
- 1 poblano chile, chopped
- Cook veal in large saucepan until crumbly and no longer pink, stirring often; drain fat.
- Add onion and celery and saute until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, seasoning mix, and poblano chili.
- Heat to boiling; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 282 Calories | 6.1g Fat | 99.5mg Cholesterol | 659mg Sodium | 34.5g Protein | 26.4g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Bread | 3 Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.