Taste a little of the old eastern Europe flavours with this creamy egg bake recipe.
- Source: Find another Egg Recipe here.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- ½ sprig of parsley
- ½ sprig of dill
- ½ sprig of chive
- 2 oz of butter
- 1 tbsp of sweet pepper
- 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 1 oz of grated emmental cheese
- This dish requires considerable skill, since the hard-boiled eggs have to be cut lengthwise with their shell.
- To keep the shell from cracking, cut them with a large and very sharp knife.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half in a single motion and extract the egg whites and yolk carefully with a spoon.
- Mince the egg whites.
- Mash the yolk with a fork and mix both ingredients.
- Wash the parsley, dill and chive and dry them off softly.
- Mince the parsley and chop the dill and chives with a knife.
- Mix the mince with 2 oz of butter and the egg dough, season everything with salt and pepper and stuff the egg shells with it.
- Sprinkle the stuffing with breadcrumbs and grated cheese and arrange the rest of the butter in small pieces on top.
- Place the stuffed shells on a baking tray or frying pan and place it in the oven on the center rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.