- 1 green cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef; brown
- ¼ cup uncooked rice
- 1 egg; beaten
- 1 onion; minced
- 6 red potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 16 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 16 oz. jar saurkraut
- bay leaves
- Mix ground beef, parboiled rice, egg,chopped onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix together large can chopped tomatoes, large jar saurkraut drained & rinsed.
- Drop cabbage in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove 10 large leaves.
- Chop remaining cabbage.
- Place in bottom of crockpot with tomatoes & saurkraut.
- Place 2 to 4 tbsp of meat mixture in center of each leaf.
- Roll up and poke finger in both sides to hold cabbage roll.
- Place open side down into crockpot.
- Add peeled & quartered red potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- If adding bay leaves, remove before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.