Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Date on card says 1899.
- 8 peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 heaping Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of freshly ground pepper if desired
- Grate about 8 peeled potatoes and transfer to sieve to drip dry.
- When drippings have settled, pour off clear liquid and add remaining sediment (starch) to grated potatoes.
- To mixture add 2 eggs, 2 heaping Tablespoons flour, 1 Tablespoon grated Onion, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add a pinch of freshly ground pepper if desired.
- Mix into a uniform batter and spoon into hot lard or oil in skillet.
- Flatten each pancake gently with spatula, as they should be on the thin side.
- Fry to a crisp golden brown on both sides and serve immediately.
- Some like their Potato pancakes sprinkled with a little salt and topped with sour cream.
- Others prefer them sprinkled with just Sugar or Sugar and sour cream.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.