- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 fryers, each 2 lbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice from 3 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp crushed oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ lb butter
- Cut fryers in frying pieces.
- Put in oblong shallow ovenproof glass roasting pan, skin side up.
- Mix olive oil with the lemon juice.
- In mortar, crush to paste the garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix with oil/lemon mixture.
- Pour into screw top jar with cover.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour over chicken in pan.
- Cover with foil and marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- Turn chicken once while marinating.
- Remove oil and dot with the butter.
- Cover with foil and put in oven at 275°F for 1 hour.
- Turn at intervals.
- After the hour is up, raise oven temperature to 300°F.
- Uncover and bake until golden, about 30 minutes more.
- Baste often during last 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.