Chicken in Pineapple. It is not sloppy wet like so many others out there. However, this recipe can be served wet too.
- 3½-4 lbs skinless chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and chopped (save juice)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fluid ounces lime juice
- 4 fluid ounces olive oil
- 4 fluid ounces white vinegar
- chicken stock (if necessary)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup mixed salad greens, for garnish
- red peppers (to garnish)
Guatemalan fried rice Edit
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peas
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 24 fluid ounces water
- 1 teaspoon Morton lite salt
- Marinate chicken in lime and garlic for two hours.
- Grill chicken pieces in a heavy skillet or on a barbecue.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet containing chicken.
- If there is not enough pineapple juice, add enough chicken stock to cover chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Wash the rice and allow to dry.
- Heat shortening, then add rice and fry until well browned, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato and onion.
- Cook slightly.
- Add water, salt and other vegetables.
- Cover and bring quickly to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 45 minutes or until well done.
And Now the Hard Part Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.