- Ethnicity - Assamee, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 medium duck
- 1 egg
- 4 slices bread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 3 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 large green chillies, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, ground
- 2 stalks green spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 cup cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Remove the giblets, clean, wash and chop them fine.
- Clean and wash the duck, do not cut it but keep it whole.
- Mix the salt in the lime juice and rub it all over and inside of the duck.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Break the bread slices into crumbs, mix it with the potato cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients and half the cooking oil.
- Beat the egg well and fold it into the mixture.
- Add the cleaned giblets into the mixture and stir well.
- Rub the remaining oil all over the duck and stuff the mixture and truss well.
- Roast the duck over open charcoal fire or in a hot oven for half an hour or till it is done.
- While the duck is cooking, baste it with a little cooking oil at intervals.
- Serve hot with boiled rice and roasted potatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.