Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs, divided
Bring water to a boil in small saucepan. Add spinach and cook just until it is thawed. Drain and squeeze dry. Combine spinach, rice, cheeses, salt, pepper and garlic powder in mixing bowl. Beat 3 eggs just enough to blend yolks. Add to rice mixture and mix well.
Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Coat with 2/3 cup crumbs. Spoon rice mixture over crumbs. Beat remaining 2 eggs until frothy. Brush over rice mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees (325 degrees if using glass dish) 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into 1-1/4-inch squares. Serve warm or cold.