- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple juice concentrate
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup poppy seeds
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Blend in juice, butter, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Pour batter evenly into greased 9" square baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- 206 calories, 4 gm protein, 21 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm fat, 74 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium,
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch/bread, ¼ medium-fat meat, 2 fat, ½ fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.