Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 (½ inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 6 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp beef bouillon
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown the chops on each side, about 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Layer half of the potato slices and half of the onion slices in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Season with half of the thyme and half of the pepper.
- Dot with 2 tbs of the butter.
- Arrange chops on top of potatoes.
- Cover chops with remaining potatoes and onion slices.
- Add rest of thyme, pepper and butter.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in cup of hot water.
- Pour water evenly over casserole.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove chops and potatoes to a serving platter with a slotted spoon.
- Pour drippings into a skillet.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the flour and water using a fork.
- Whisk into the drippings and cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve gravy with chops and potatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.