In Romanian: Ghiveci din carne de porc
- 1¾ lb / 750 g fatty pork
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 parsnip
- 1 carrot
- 2 peppers
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- a handful of okra
- a handful of green beans
- a handful of wax beans
- a handful of string beans
- ½ lb / 250 g peas
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 big onions
- 3 potatoes
- 1 small celery root
- 5 – 6 big tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- minced parsley and dill
- Cut the meat into bite sizes and fry in lard until they start to brown.
- Add salt and tepid water to cover.
- Let boil on slow heat, covered, an hour to an hour and a half.
- During this time, prepare the vegetables.
- Clean, wash and cut in bite sizes.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the meat, add the sliced, peeled and seeded tomatoes, the parsley and dill and salt.
- Let boil on top of the range for a few minutes, then place in the oven.
- Shake the pot from time to time so that they do not stick.
- Bake until the liquid evaporates.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.