- 1 large pork roast about 6 or 7 lbs. (if not lean, trim some fat)
- 7 large onions, peeled and chopped (do not lessen amount of onions, it is your gravy)
- 2 tbsp sugar (do not omit, caramelizes the onions)
- salt and pepper
- Sear all sides of roast in a hot roasting pan over high heat.
- Do not add any fat.
- Put all the chopped onions and 2 tbsp of sugar into roasting pan with meat and cover.
- Place in a medium heat 325°F degree oven and slowly roast for about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Check the roast periodically to turn it over and push the onions around.
- The onions should be taking on a rich brown color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.