- 1/2 cup plain croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup purchased pesto sauce
- 1 3- to 4-pound Pork loin center rib roast, backbone loosened (6 ribs total)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes* or pimento
- For stuffing, combine croutons, pesto, and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Place roast, rib side down, on cutting surface.
- On the meaty side, cut a 3-1/2-inch-long and 1-inch-deep pocket above each rib, making 6 pockets total.
- Spoon stuffing into pockets.
- Place roast, rib side down, in a shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast, making sure the bulb does not touch the bone.
- Roast in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until thermometer registers 155 degrees F.
- Cover loosely with foil after 1 hour to prevent overbrowning.
- For easier carving, let roast stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- If available, use fennel bulb tops to line serving platter.
- To serve, slice roast between ribs. Makes 6 servings.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.