Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham
- Typed by: Susan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Serves 6
- 1½ lbs cooked pork
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 green peppers, cut in narrow strips
- 1 onion, cut in narrow strips
- 1 lb 4 oz can pineapple tidbits
- Trim the pork of excess fat and slice.
- Put the pork in a shallow dish and cover with the ¾ cup soy sauce.
- Let stand for 1 hour, turning the meat often so it thoroughly marinates.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan, add the peppers and onion, and cook over high heat for just a minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain the pork, add to the skillet along with the juice from the pineapple tidbits, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple, peppers, and onion, stir to mix and simmer a minute.
- Combine thoroughly the sauce ingredients and add to the pork mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook until sauce thickens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.