Makes 3 servings
- ¾ cup dried pitted prunes
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chicken glaze
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Boston lettuce
- Plump prunes in cold water overnight. Chop and set aside.
- Butterfly pork and pound to an 8x10-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and celery; cook until soft but not brown.
- Stir in glace and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add prunes and rice; salt and pepper to taste.
- Soak lettuce leaves in tepid water to wilt.
- Place a layer of lettuce over ¼ of long side of pork.
- Top with rice mixture and another layer of lettuce.
- Roll up from long side, jelly roll fashion; tie, if necessary.
- Place in rack on shallow roasting pan.
- Roast at 350 °F for 30 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155 °F.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.