Makes 6 servings
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1½ pounds boneless lean pork, cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 14½- to 16-ounce can tomatoes, crushed
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook bananas in butter and curry over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes in large skillet.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add pork, onion, salt, ginger and black pepper to skillet; cook until pork is brown and onion is tender crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and broth.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until pork is tender.
- Stir in bananas; heat thoroughly.
- Serve over fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.