- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 24 crushed saltine crackers or ¾ cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- egg substitute to equal one large egg
- Chop up the mushroom or put in food processor using the chopping blade until finely chopped.
- In a bowl: combine the chopped mushroom, the crushed vegan crackers or cooked rice, the chopped onion, egg substitute and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix till combined.
- Heat about ¼ inch of corn oil in a pan.
- Form the mushroom mixture into patties.
- Place in pan.
- Fry till lightly golden.
- Turn and fry other side the same.
- Serve on a bun with all your favorite trimmings or top with gravy and serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.