- 7 oz jar roasted red peppers (packed in water)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 5 inches in diameter, about 1 lb), stems and gills removed
- 4 whole wheat buns or hard rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1 small bunch arugula, stemmed and leaves torn in half (2 cups)
- Drain roasted peppers in strainer set over small bowl, reserving liquid. You should have about 2 tablespoons liquid. Thinly slice peppers and set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, oil, mustard and 1 tablespoon water into red pepper liquid in bowl to make dressing.
- In medium bowl, place 1 tablespoon dressing and reserve.
- Prepare grill or heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush remaining dressing over both sides of mushrooms.
- On grill or pan, place mushrooms cut side down. Cook until tender, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place 1 mushroom on bottom of each bun. Top with pepper slices.
- Add arugula to reserved dressing in bowl and toss well.
- Place some arugula salad on top of each mushroom, cover with bun tops and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.