Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- This recipe yields 1 serving.
- 3 ounces portobello mushroom slices (about 8 large slices)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated romano or Parmesan cheese
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and brush with the oil, using a brush or your finger.
- Sprinkle with salt (if desired) and pepper.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes or until the mushrooms have exuded their juices, softened and begun to brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the vinegar and cheese and toss to coat the mushrooms.
- Serve at once.
Nutritional information Edit
- Exchanges: 1 Vegetable | 1 Monounsaturated Fat.
- Calories 72 | Total Fat 6 g | Cholesterol 3 mg | Sodium 46 mg | Carbohydrate 4 g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 2g | Protein 3g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.