This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 package small white navy beans
- 1 lb chouriço
- red wine vinegar
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 x 16 oz can tomato sauce
- Soak beans overnight.
- In meanwhile cut chourico in small chunks and marinate in wine overnight.
- In the morning, rinse the beans and out then in a pan big enough to cover them, add the onion chourico and cover with water.
- Bake at 350 °F for 3–4 hours or until they are cooked.
- Remove them and add tomato sauce or if you prefer, add ketchup until it is to your desire look and taste. Put them back in the oven until all the liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Check on them. You can also do this in a crock pot, them put them in the oven to brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.