This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb. cod or Haddock fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. of small red potatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. chopped Canadian Bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into med. pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into med. pieces
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of flour
- 11/2 cups of low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Cook the potatoes until just tender, use a medium pot.
- In a large skillet heat the oil ( don't burn it) use med. heat
- Put Bacon, peppers, garlic and cook until the peppers are somewhat soft
- Add flour into pan, stir into cooked ingredients. Now stir in milk, salt and cayenne pepper. Bring all to a boil.
- Place the on top, reduce to simmer, cover and cook until the is opaque, around 5 minutes or so ( unless you like Sushi).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.