Pork and hominy soup.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1 pound boneless lean pork
- 6 chicken thighs
- ½ medium onion (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 12 peppercorns (divided)
- 6 cups water (divided)
- 1 x 29-ounce can golden hominy
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 radishes, chopped
- ½ head lettuce
- shredded 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 6 small limes, halved
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes and place in a large saucepan.
- Place chicken thighs in another large saucepan.
- Cut onion half into 2 pieces.
- In each saucepan, place 1 piece of onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 6 peppercorns and 3 cups water.
- Bring each to a boil.
- Skim foam from surface.
- Cover pork and simmer 1 hour.
- Cover chicken and simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove cooked pork and chicken from broths with a slotted spoon and place ina large pot or dutch oven.
- Strain broths, discard solids, and add broths to meat.
- Drain and rinse hominy and add to meat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Taste posole and add more salt if needed.
- Serve in large soup bowls.
- Add garnishes to soup as desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.