Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cans (14½ ounces each) chicken broth
- 2⅓ cups mashed potato flakes
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup cubed process American cheese
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, sauté celery and onion in butter for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add potato flakes; cook and stir for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add milk, cheese, garlic salt and chili powder.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Just before serving,add sour cream and heat through (don't boil).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.