Leek and Potato Soup. Serves 6.
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 leeks, rinsed and cut into julienne
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons chopped chervil
- Combine potatoes, leeks and 1 liter water in a large pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 35 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Put the soup in blender and purée.
- Return to the pan and add the heavy cream.
- Cook over low heat. Adjust the seasonings and serve in bowls, garnished with the chopped chervil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.