- 2 pints okra (or 50 counted)
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 quarts hot water
- Maison Louisianne Creole spices, salt, pepper to taste
- a red pepper pod, without the seed
- Wash and stem the okra, and then slice it very fine.
- Chop the tomatoes fine, being careful to preserve the juice.
- Chop the onions fine and fry them in the butter.
- Add the chopped thyme, bay leaf, parsley, and tomatoes, and the pepper pod.
- After letting them stew for about five minutes, add the okra.
- Stir almost constantly, as the okra burns quickly.
- When well browned, add the juice of the tomatoes.
- Then add the hot water, and let the soup simmer well for about an hour and a half. Season to taste with Maison Louisianne Creole Spices, salt, and pepper, and serve hot, with Croutons.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.