- Ethnicity - Orissa,East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 10 no: Parwal
- 2 no: potatoes
- 2 no: onions
- 1cm: ginger
- 1teaspoon: garam masala
- 1 teaspoon: cumin seeds
- ½ no: coconut
- ½ cup: oil
- Grind the grated coconut. Add 3 cups warm water to it. Pour out the coconut milk and keep aside.
- Grind the Onion, ginger and cumin seeds and make a smooth paste.
- Peel the skin and cut the Parwal into two pieces.
- Cut the potatoes into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the potatoes, parwals, salt and turmeric powder. Cover the lid for sometime. Then fry it till it is red.
- Add the grated spices and powdered spices and fry.
- Then add the coconut milk and grated coconut to it and let it boil till it is cooked.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.