Good supper food and even better picnic food, cold.
- Copyright Phil Vickery
- Serves: 2 – 4, approx £0.80 per portion
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Bramley apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 225 g cooked potatoes, small cubes
- ½ small onion, chopped very finely
- 2 x 185 g cans tuna, drained,
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of cold milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50 g mature Cheddar, grated
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the apple pieces and cook for 5 minutes, or until they soften slightly.
- Add the potatoes, and then cook for a few minutes to take a little colour.
- Sprinkle on the raw onion and tuna fish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and oregano, season well.
- Pour over the potato mixture, sprinkle on the cheese and place under a hot grill or into a hot oven (200°C, Gas Mark 6) until risen and set, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Cut into wedges, and serve hot or cold with a blob of mayonnaise.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.