This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wagner Estate in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 ounces frozen hash browns thawed
- ½ cup white onions chopped
- 3 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- ½ cup egg whites slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray square dish with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes, onions, cheese and bacon then set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine milk, egg whites and salt.
- Mix well then pour evenly over ingredients in dish.
- Cover and bake for one hour.
- Uncover and bake additional five minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.