This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hunter Estate in Saginaw, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounces bacon diced
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook bacon in skillet until browned then remove and drain on paper towel.
- Pour off all but 4 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- Cook potatoes, onion, green pepper, pepper and half of the salt in bacon fat until potatoes are tender about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon.
- Beat together eggs, cheese, milk, baking mix, butter and remaining salt.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased quiche dish.
- Spoon potato mixture on top of eggs then bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.