- 4 cups mashed potatoes, warm and plain
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed or garlic, pressed
- ½ cup scallions, cut lengthwise and sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1 – 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- flour, for dusting
- oil, for shallow frying
- Mix all but flour and oil together in a large bowl.
- Form 16 patties using ¼ cup of the mix to about ⅓ inch thick.
- Use floured hands if necessary.
- Coat each patty with the flour, hitting to knock off any excess of flour.
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil on medium to medium high heat until deep golden brown.
- If you need to, you can refrigerate the floured patties to cook off an hour or so later.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.