- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1½ quarts vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 medium bunch chives, chopped fine
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a large soup pot, over medium-low heat, cook the carrots, onions and potatoes in olive oil or butter until soft.
- Add the garlic and the broth.
- Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from stove and in batches, puree the soup in a food processor.
- Pour soup back into pot.
- Add the chives, and season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, paprika and dill.
- Ladle the soup in bowls, and garnish with the sour-cream mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.