This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Braham Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 2 pounds baking potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a larger pot then add onions and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth and dill then bring to boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes in soup to a coarse texture then stir in milk and corn and heat several minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.