DescriptionEditThe original snacking favorite, this potato dish is just great with any occasion and good to pair with any dips suitable for the family. Make the seasonings look divine and serve up a red-hot, crispy treat with any meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 potato, sliced paper thin (peel optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic bag (a produce bag works well).
- Add the potato slices and shake to coat.
- Coat a large dinner plate lightly with the oil or cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, then they will not become crisp). Times will vary depending on the power of your microwave.
- Remove chips from plate and toss with salt (and/or other seasonings). Let cool.
- Repeat the full process with the remaining potato slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate. Serve warm and plain or with any side dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.