- 1 lb russet potatoes or white potatoes, scrubbed, peeled
- 1 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 2 – 3 tablespoons bland oil
- ⅓ cup finely minced white onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- finely minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Cut potatoes into 3" chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the potatoes.
- Cook about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Rinse potatoes under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Set aside to cool.
- In serving bowl combine the oil, white onion, Italian parsley, salt, pepper and jalapeno if using.
- Add the cooled potatoes, breaking up the chunks into smaller bite sized pieces and tossing with the oil and onion mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Keep chilled until just before serving.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more lemon juice, etc. if necessary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.