A creamy, delicious recipe that's a great meal starter. Serves 8.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, thyme, or tarragon
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes in a bowl.
- Place a small pan over medium heat and put butter and onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add onions to the mashed potatoes.
- Stir in sour cream, egg yolks and cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in herbs and grated cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold 2 tablespoons of egg white into the potato mixture, then fold in the rest.
- Pour into a greased soufflé dish and bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.