- some onions
- a few potatoes
- 3 – 4 cups of chicken stock
- 3 cups of milk
- some cooked peas
- herbs (dill would be nice)
- fresh pepper
- 8 oz of chopped lox or smoked haddock
- salt to taste
- Start some onions sautéing in a little butter or oil.
- Maybe one large onion, chopped fine.
- Peel a few potatoes and chop into small pieces.
- When the onions are done, add the potatoes, and some salt to taste.
- Add 3 – 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Cook on low heat until the potatoes are soft.
- Add 3 cups of milk, some cooked peas, herbs (dill would be nice) and fresh pepper.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.
- A nice addition is about 8 oz of chopped lox, which can be had inexpensively as trimmings at many delis.
- Other soups can be made on this basic recipe. Smoked haddock works well here, too.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.