Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium leeks, sliced and rinsed well
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- good amount of strong chicken stock
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 large bay leaf
- chopped chives
- Gently fry the potatoes, leek.
- Coriander powder, pepper, bay leaf in the oil and butter mixture.
- Do not burn the spices! add chicken stock and cook gently until all ingredients are soft.
- As a general rule the more chicken stock you add the more liquid the soup will become.
- Add the cream/milk and then cook no longer! blend soup and serve in a bowl with a topping of chives with crusty bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.