- Peel the potato and cut into pieces (approximately 2 cm x 2 cm x .5 cm or smaller in size).
- In a skillet, fry the potatoes in the oil until tender, stirring occasionally and covering with the lid in between stirrings.
- Uncover and add the onions.
- Stir and fry until the onions and potatoes are slightly browned.
- Drain away excess oil.
- You will need only about 1 tablespoon in which to cook the eggs.
- Spread the potatoes and onions evenly on the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- As the bottom of the eggs get firm, slightly lift the eggs with a spatula.
- Tilt the skillet and allow the uncooked egg from the top to run to the bottom of the skillet.
- When all of the egg is relatively firm and the bottom is lightly browned, flip the whole omelet to brown the other side.
- Once both sides are lightly browned, remove from heat and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.