An alternate way to dress up potatoes. This recipe is based on a Hungarian recipe
- vegetable oil
- potatoes peeled and halved
- 1 large onion
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- black pepper
- chili pepper flakes or equivalent
- ¼ can of tomatoes or equivalent
- garlic powder
- Put a few tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven or large pan with a close fitting lid.
- Heat the oil and add the potatoes. Fry over medium heat while turning to brown.
- Add the onion and fry to soften
- Add the garlic. (Do not overcook the garlic)
- Liberally sprinkle with paprika
- Add a little thyme
- Add salt and pepper, pepper flakes and a little garlic powder
- Add some water to stop the frying process
- Add some tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Add some more water. (note the water will boil away during the cooking process and leave a nice rich sauce)
- Cover with a tight fitting lid
- Cook slowly on the stove top for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add a little water, as necessary, to keep the consistency of the sauce correct.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.