- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 tablespoonfuls of butter
- 2 tablespoonfuls of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoonful seasoned salt or 2 vegetable soup cubes
- a pinch of black pepper
- 250 grams of Cheese that will easily melt
- 2 tablespoonfuls of chopped fresh green spices: parsley, dill, mint are all fine, in any combination
- Wash and scrape or peel the potatoes and chop them. Cook them till tender in the oven at 175 degrees C (about 375 F) in a covered glassware pot with one-half to one cup of water. You may also boil or steam the potatoes, or cook them in the microwave.
- Make Cheese bechamel sauce by frying the flour in the butter for 3 minutes, then add the milk and stir until smooth sauce forms. Add the Cheese and stir till completely melted. Add the bechamel sauce to the potatoes and mix well. Cook for another five minutes. You may top it with grated Cheese and bake it in an open pan until a golden crust forms.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.