In Romanian: Cartofi cu carne de porc
- 1 lb / 500 g pork
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 2 – 3 onions
- 1 lb / 500 g potatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- a little thyme (optional)
- Cut the meat in bite sizes, salt and fry in lard.
- When it starts to brown, add the finely chopped raw onion or let the onion fry until it turns yellow.
- Add water to cover the meat.
- Cover and let boil at slow temperature until the meat is almost tender.
- Then add the tomato paste, paprika, salt, a little thyme and the halved or quartered potatoes (depending on size).
- If necessary, add more water to cover.
- Let boil at slow temperature until the potatoes are done and the liquid is almost completely gone.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.