Potatoes and Meat
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup minced cooked meat (beef or pork)
- 1 slice of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the potatoes, then peel and cut into quarters; place in a large cooking pot.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes, and then boil until tender.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes (with a hand-masher or electric mixer), mixing in the butter and flour.
- Chop the bacon and onion and sauté in a frying pan (sing more butter if necessary); drain.
- Add the bacon and onion to the potato mixture; salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, and then fold mixture into a greased pie dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 °F for about twenty minutes, or until the top of the mixture is golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.