Purchased from Garage Sale in Quinlan, Texas in 1983.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds boned leg of lamb
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ cups hot water
- 3 pounds tiny potatoes
- butter for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash lamb, wipe dry, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put butter in pot; add lamb and brown on all sides.
- Add lemon juice and allow to boil.
- Add 1 cup water and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender and 1 cup liquid remains.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool meat and slice it.
- Meanwhile clean potatoes, slice and place in frying pan and brown in butter on all sides.
- Add to pot containing the sauce from the meat.
- Add salt and pepper and ½ cup water.
- Simmer until all liquid is absorbed and only the butter remains.
- Before serving, carefully place meat on potatoes to heat.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.