Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be prepared in 45 Minutes or less but requires additional unattended time.
- Makes about 1½ cups.
- ½ cup firmly chopped shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ pound shrimp, shelled and if desired de-veined
- 3 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- 4 ounces cream cheese (about ½ cup), softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- crackers or Melba toast
- In a large skillet cook shallots with bay leaf in 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat, stirring, until soft.
- Add shrimp and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add sherry and boil mixture until almost all liquid is evaporated.
- Cool mixture and discard bay leaf.
- Transfer shrimp with tongs to a cutting board, reserving shallot mixture, and chop fine.
- In a bowl stir together remaining 5 tablespoons butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp, shallot mixture, lemon juice, chives, and salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a 1½-cup crock.
- Chill potted shrimp, covered, at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Serve potted shrimp with crackers or Melba toast.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.